litmuggle

LitMuggle

I'm just a quirky mom reading through life. Follow me through my rants and opinions about the written word.

A Torch Against the Night
Sabaa Tahir
Progress: 107/464 pages
And I Darken
Kiersten White
Progress: 205/400 pages

An Ember I The Ashes

An Ember in the Ashes - Sabaa Tahir

This book proves that we all have great strength and humanity within us that sometimes just takes being truly tested for it to bubble to the surface.

Laia was just another girl suffering under the rule of the Empire, keeping to herself and following the rules until the day her brother is arrested for treason and her grandparents are slaughtered. Now its up to her to save her brother. She becomes a slave in the Empire and spies for the resistance in hope they will save her brother. She never doubts her mission our the rebellion until she meets Elias a solider with compassion and humanity who doesn't believe in the Empires ways.

I'm just getting into Fantasy,but I'm finding myself hooked. I could not put this book down. There where so many twists and turn, I never quite knew where the story was going to end, who would be the victor, our who would die. This is a book that has earned its hype, I highly suggest it to anyone and everyone.